Monday, April 19, 2010

"Next time you point a finger, I'll point you to the mirror."

"And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing waht is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone." Titus 3: 8b

It is so hard disagreeing with your best friends on something semi-major and simultaneously insignificant. It's especially hard when you and EVERY ONE of your closest friends hold a different view on a matter. In my case, it's the boundaries girl friends and guy friends should have. I hold the view that touching hands is okay and hugging is okay as long as there's no PDA involved. I think it's perfectly fine for someone whose love language is touch to show their affection to another human being in that way. As long as both parties know there are no romantic feelings involved, what is the big deal? In my opinion it ISN'T a big deal, but everyone else seems to think it is.

Here's the thing: my reputation is important to me. I want to be remembered for good things. I want to be remembered for following the rules and making wise choices. I want to be remembered for the wonderful things I did. I don't want to leave my school with a bad after taste after my departure. I want everyone to understand that the way I show my love to people is through TOUCH, and that I have NO ULTERIOR MOTIVES! I don't have any tricks up my sleeve. I'm not trying to bend the rules. I'm not trying to be rebellious. I'm just being me, who happens to show my love to people through touch and hugs and lots of laughter. I think that's too much for some people to accept, though.

I know this will not always be an issue. I know my God does everything for my good. And I can only pray that me reputation is solid. Maybe it's time to me to start being more careful for the sake of my reputation.

"For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4: 6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment