Thursday, April 1, 2010

"One of these days the sky's gonna break and everything will escape."

"For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God." Romans 8: 20-21

So, I guess this is what I get for getting my hopes up. It's so sad that in life, our flesh and hearts desire the things that are most impossible and intangible. We always want what we can't have. And today is just another situation that broke my heart that I can add to the endless list of failures in my life. You want something, you reach for it, and you don't get it. And you're left thinking "Why did I even get my hopes up if I suspected this was going to be the outcome all along?" Because we always hope for something better. And sometimes we just don't get it. That's actually the story of my life.

Will I let this affect my eternal optimism? No. But will it affect my temporary, present optimism? Yes. I'm devastated. I always do this to myself. Do I like the pain, or something? Can I not say no to a challenge?

"Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ." Philippians 1: 27

No comments:

Post a Comment