Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"My heart sank when I read that letter."

"Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow it will worry about itself. Each day has enough worries of its own." Matthew 6: 34

And sometimes I find that it's easier to let go of today's worries, too.

How frustrating is it when you come off totally differently than you intended? Prime example: I wanted to talk to my friend tonight and I seemed like the clingiest person alive. Maybe I come off that way sometimes without realizing it. I love people, I love conversations, I love attention (which we've come to realize as of late ... gag me) so I can see how "clinginess" would seem like a good descriptor of me but I sincerely hope that is not the case. I don't want to be a clingy, desperate person. I do not want that to be my nature. Nor do I want to be understood as that kind of person.

I think that sometimes even the people we love the most can misunderstand us. And even though this person and myself only texted a few times just to get the point, "I can't talk right now," I think maybe there are some unspoken annoyances in that situation that aren't going to be brought to light. And it's frustrating because I'm thinking, "You know me. You know how I am. Please don't get frustrated when I care about you or I want to talk to you." And even though this specific person didn't say he was annoyed, I have a suspicion that he was.

My advice in any situation like this would be: don't jump to conclusions. Understand that certain people are a certain way for a certain person and even if they annoy you, it's their way of showing that they love you. Sometimes it's hard for people to understand that who don't have this emotional flaw, but, try to be understanding nonetheless. They will appreciate it and hopefully, it will help you not jump to as many conclusions.

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him yourself. Proverbs 26: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment