Saturday, May 8, 2010

"And up until I had sworn that I was content with loneliness."

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37: 4

Things work out. Even when we don't see it ahead of time.

There are situations that confront us and immediately we think we know the outcome. It is our human nature to look at a situation and automatically assume which way it's going to go. But (thank GOD) sometimes we are wrong. Even when things seem to be completely in the pooper, things can still work out to make everyone happy. And even if things may not be the way they were in the beginning, they're still exponentially better than they were to begin with. I know I'm being so evasive and I'm not making any sense by beating around the bush. But really, what I'm saying is OBVIOUS. It's spelled out for you. You just have to experience it to know what I mean; how to relate.

God is good. And He is faithful. And even when we won't see a way out, He provides one. Even when peace seems so far off, it is not; He gives us his OVERWHELMING peace for the millionth time, when we're most undeserving of it. Situations can seem so hopeless. But our God is not a good of hopelessness. Our God is a God of deliverance.

What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin. Romans 7: 24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment