Thursday, June 9, 2011

"I dare you to let me be your one and only."

I am in love.

How weird is it to say that? How weird is that to comprehend? Me... a woman of no romantic feelings for 6 years has gradually yet suddenly fallen for the man she ONLY called her best friend for so long. I can't believe this has happened. How these emotions were birthed I have no idea but what I do know that I am so happy. I can't remember the last time I was this happy. It all feels so right. I don't worry about he and I, I don't stress about our future and the miles that separate us. On the contrary, I look forward to seeing how God will grow us and make us stronger despite the distance that is between us.

He has shown me more than any human being ever. He's shown me that human beings do have the ability to love others entirely despite flaws (which he has so amply demonstrated by being my friend), he has shown me that I am beautiful, especially when I do not feel like it, he has shown me that logic is to be taken into consideration along side my emotions, and above all, he has shown me that people can change. He changed due to the grace of the Lord which led him to me for us to finally find happiness together for the time we are given, and I changed my view on men completely thanks to the Lord's favor and delight in my soon-to-be dating relationship with him. I am dumbfounded at how He has changed us for each other.

I don't know what lies ahead for us. I don't know what God's plan is. But for now, I feel Him speaking this to me. Doors keep opening again and again which is a sure sign that the Lord has predestined and blessed this, and despite my non-romantic (hopefully soon romantic) self, I can't wait to love him more and more with every passing day and grow with him in our faith and our desire for the Lord. This man completes me in a way he will never understand,

Praise be to God.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment